The Nnamdi Azikiwe University, UNIZIK Cut-Off Marks for 2020/2021 Admissions – [All Departments]… Official UNIZIK Cut-Off Mark 2020 | UNIZIK Departmental cut-off marks for the 2020/2021 academic session.
There are certain criteria to be observed by students before being admitted to study in any of the courses in any tertiary institution. One of these which include meeting the required cut-off mark for each school as well as the courses itself. It is very easy to obtain admission if one has met the required cut off mark for the admission into a particular course.
See Also: List of Courses Offered at UNIZIK.
UNIZIK Cut-off Mark 2020 (General)
The following is the officially approved minimum cut-off mark for admission into UNIZIK for 2020/2021 academic year:
UNIZIK CUT-OFF MARK: 180.
The Joints Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) had set the National Cut-off marks/benchmark of 120 for Universities, 100 for Polytechnics and Colleges of Education while Innovative Enterprising Institutes is pegged at 110. However, Institutions are at liberty to set their own Cut-Off Mark for Admission. Hence, The Nnamdi Azikiwe University Akwa (UNIZIK) has however adapted to the minimum Cut-off mark of 180 for it 2018/2019 admission exercise.
You might ask questions like: I had 180 and above but was not still given the admission to study my desired course?
Candidates with higher scores are first considered in admission basics, candidates with lower scores though might meet the cut off mark of 180 may likely not be admitted. In fact, it is the higher your scores, the higher the chance of being admitted.
UNIZIK Departmental Cut Off Mark 2020
Faculties / Programmes with Cut-Off Mark of 200
- Arts – English Language and Literature
- Basic Medical Sciences – Anatomy and Physiology
- Biosciences – Applied Microbiology and Brewing, Applied Biochemistry, Botany, Parasitology and Entomology and Zoology
- Education – Educational Foundations, Educational Management & Policy
- Health Sciences & Technology – Medical Lab Sciences, Nursing Science, Radiography, Medical Rehab (Physiotherapy), Environmental Health Science
- Management Sciences – Accountancy, Banking & Finance, Business Administration, Cooperative Economics & Management, Marketing, Public Administration and Entrepreneurship
- Medicine – Medicine
- Pharmaceutical Sciences – Pharmacy
- Social Sciences – Economics, Psychology, Political Science, Mass Communication, Sociology/Anthropology.
Faculties/Programmes with Cut-Off Mark of 180
- Agriculture – Agric Econs & Extension, Animal Science & Fisheries, Forestry & Wildlife, Food Science & Technology, Soil Science, Crop Science.
- Arts – Igbo, African& Asian Studies, History & International Studies, Linguistics, Music, Philosophy, Modern European Languages, Religion & Human Relations, Theatre and Film Studies, and Chinese Studies.
- Education – All programmes except Edu/English and Edu/Economics
- Engineering – Agric & Bioresources Engineering, Polymer &Textiles Engineering.
- Environmental Sciences – Only Architecture
- Physical Sciences – Mathematics, Geological Sciences, Pure and Industrial Chemistry, Physics and Statistics.
Programmes with 160 Cut off
- Environmental Sciences – Building, Quantity Surveying & Geoinformatics, Fine and Applied Arts, Environmental Management, Estate Management.
- Physical Sciences except Computer Science
- Technical Education and
- All Affiliate Institutions
Note the Following:
- Candidates MUST meet the minimum UTME scores for their chosen courses; have the right UTME subject combinations as prescribed in the JAMB Brochure and the requisite ‘O’ Level subjects at credit level.
- Due to the high number of students wishing to study at Nnamdi Azikiwe Univesity (UNIZIK), the admission processes are competitive and admissions are given based on the jamb scores, i.e the higher the JAMB score, the chances of being admitted.
UNIZIK Nature of Admission Screening
The Nnamdi Azikiwe University holds her admission screening exercises within a week or couple of weeks and it usually comes in two phases. Students who applied to study in the school are to proceed for the pre-screening exercise when once it is being announced.
Documents required for the pre-screening exercise are: SSCE result and JAMB registration print out only.
It is often important that a candidate arrive early and locate his/her screening venue early. Candidates will be screen on the JAMB scores and their SSCE result.
The second phase of the screening is after the admission lists might have been released. Candidates who have merited the admission will be invited for another screening exercise. Here all documents such as;
- Original copies of their educational qualifications (Statements of Results/Certificates).
N/B: Cases of awaiting results will NOT be accepted.
- Birth Certification/Age Declaration.
- A letter of good conduct from your Village Head or a responsible member of your
community/or civil servant not below Grade Level 10 or equivalent in the private sector.
- Certificate of Local Government of origin; and this notification of admission status