Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Oando Plc Public Relations Internship. Oando Plc Public Relations Internship application deadline varies depending on the entry level. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
About Oando Plc
Oando Plc is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions provider with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigeria Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Professionalism (TRIPP).
If by some curious dose of fate, one of your wishes for the new year is to work at Oando, we might be able to make your wish come true. We are looking for a new PR intern. Finish this challenge and you are one step closer.
Title: PR Internship
Duration: 6 Months
Description of Contest Objectives
- Oando PLC (Contest Sponsors) initiated this competition to hire a PR intern. Out of the best PR plans shared from the entries, Oando PLC will select one PR Intern who will win a 6-month internship opportunity at Oando PLC Lagos office.
- Events from this contest will be announced and promoted on various Social Media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Contestants must be 18 to 25 years on the date of entry into the contest.
- Contestants must have a basic understanding of the media space in Nigeria.
- Contestants must have good written and oral skills.
- Contestants must be residents of Lagos, Nigeria.
- Contestants must have a basic understanding of public relations.
- The individual submitting the entry will be considered to be the contestant and will be the only individual eligible to compete for the prize. Organizations are not eligible to compete for the prize.
- The following individuals are not eligible to participate in the contest:
- Employees, interns, directors, and officers of Oando PLC or of any agencies, companies or entities involved in the administration, advertising, judging, creation, development, execution, and/or fulfillment of this contest, and the immediate family members (defined as spouse, recognized partner, parent, child, sibling, and spouse or “step” of each) and those living in the same household of each such individual.
- Once a submission has been accepted for entry into the contest, the contestant’s name may be publicly identified.
- Submissions must not contain obscenity, explicit sexual material, nudity, profanity, graphic violence, calls or incitement to violence, commercial solicitation or commercial promotion. Submissions must not contain content that could be considered abusive, inflammatory, denigrating, or disrespectful to any of the Contest Sponsors, or to any groups, individuals or institutions. Submissions must adhere both in appearance and in fact to the norms of civil discourse in that the content of all submissions must be suitable for a global, public audience.
- Submissions must be original content created by the contestant and must not contain any elements that are protected by someone else’s copyright or otherwise subject to third party intellectual property or proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights. Contest Sponsors recognize no allowance for “fair use” of copyrighted material, nor do Contest Sponsors recognize allowance for use of licensed materials created or owned by a third party.
- Contest Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify, at their sole and absolute discretion, any submission that does not adhere to these criteria and to the intent and substance of these Competition Terms and Conditions.
- In the event of any question or difference of views regarding compliance with, interpretation, or application of these content requirements or other provisions of these Competition Terms and Conditions, Contest Sponsors reserve the exclusive right to resolve such questions or differences of views in their sole discretion.
- If submitting a photograph or other creative IP materials to the contest, the contestant affirms that he or she has obtained written consent from all individuals whose intellectual/creative property(ies) (image, likeness and/or any other works/property to which they have ownership) appears in the ad (or from the individuals’ parent/legal guardian if any such individuals are considered a minor in their country of residence), and that he or she has obtained the necessary rights, licenses, consents, and permissions to use all material such as music, images, text and other content in the submission. Failure to obtain such rights, license consents, and permissions may result in the disqualification of the submission at the Contest Sponsors’ sole and absolute discretion. Oando Energy Resources is not liable for any work submitted that has not obtained these rights, license consents and permissions.
- Contest Sponsors do not endorse any submissions or messages expressed therein, and Contest Sponsors expressly disclaim any and all liability in connection with the submitted photos including disputes between collaborators related to a submission.
- Contestant specifically agrees to give the Contest Sponsors permission to use all content submitted for purposes of judging the contest. Finalists and/or winners will be required to grant Contest Sponsors, with proper attribution through whatever means they deem appropriate, a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, and/or display the submission in any media formats and through any media channels in perpetuity.
- Contestant assumes sole responsibility for the contest submission and the material contained in it, and for any consequences of submitting or posting it.
- Contestant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Contest Sponsors, their parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, officers, directors, employees, interns, and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debts, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from (i) violation of these Competition Terms and Conditions; (ii) violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, trademark, intellectual property, privacy, publicity, or other proprietary right in connection with the contest; or (iii) any claim that a contest submission caused any harm, including financial, to any third party. These indemnification and hold harmless obligations will survive indefinitely beyond the conclusion of the contest.
- Grand Prize: An opportunity to work with the corporate communications team as a PR intern in the Lagos office of Oando PLC at the Wings Office Complex, Lagos.
- The winner will have to confirm the acceptance of the prize in an email reply within five working days. If the acceptance is not confirmed by the required date, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right to select an alternate winner.
- The Contest Sponsors shall have the right to change or terminate the activity immediately and without notice. In the event of such change or termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they have in respect of this activity and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Contest Sponsors or its agents.
- Neither the Contest Sponsors, its agents, its associated companies, nor any directors, officers nor employees of such, shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the participant.
- The Contest Sponsors have the right to use any material submitted for the purpose of this activity for marketing purposes.
- If one or more of these terms and conditions are void and invalid, this will not affect the validity of the remaining conditions.
- Any questions, complaints or comments about the activity can be made in writing and sent as an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
How to Enter
- An entry is made when you choose a PR brief to work on and upload a PR plan here https://www.oandoplc.com/intern
- The competition is open to all recent graduates / undergraduates living in Lagos. But where participants reside outside of Lagos, they will be responsible for their own accommodation and transportation.
- Oando reserves the right to delay the internship start date.
- Entries for stage 1 must be submitted by 5:00pm Saturday 8th December 2018.
- Entries for stage 2 must be submitted by 5:00pm Friday 4th January 2019.
- All entries must be submitted in PDF format or will not be considered.
- All entries must have your name and contact details (phone number and email address) boldly written at the top of the document.
- Stage 1 entries should not be me more than 1 pages long or will not be considered.
- Stage 2 entries should not be me more than 2 pages long or will not be considered.
- Entries not following Oando PLC across all social media platforms will not be considered.
- Once an entry is submitted, it is considered a final submission and may not be modified, edited, or replaced.
- A submission must be your original work, developed by the contestant.
- Stage one of the contest commences November 29, 2018, at 12:00 PM and entries may be submitted till December 8, 2018, 5:00pm.
- Stage two of the contest commences December 14, 2018, at 12:00 PM and entries may be submitted till January 4, 2019, 5:00pm.
- All time are in West African Time (WAT).
- Only successful applicants will be contacted
- Participation in this contest is deemed as acceptance of the above competition Terms and Conditions