How To Gain Admission into UNILORIN Faculty of Law … In this article, we will be showing you, the University of Ilorin Law admission requirements. This consist of the ‘O’ Level Subject Combination for Law, JAMB combination for Law, Direct Entry requirements for law and lots more.
The Faculty of Law, University of Ilorin is one of the foremost law faculties in Nigeria. Being a reputable institution, the University of Ilorin receive thousands of applications from prospective Law candidates. This makes the Faculty of Law one of the most competitive in the whole school.
The UNILORIN Faculty of Law operates two undergraduate law programmes in law. To wit:
(i) Bachelor of Laws degree in common law; LLB (Common Law) and
(ii) Bachelor of Laws degree in common and Islamic law; LLB (Common & Islamic Law)
Students are admitted into the respective law programmes if they satisfy the general university admission requirements for UTME and direct entry requirement. Admission into UNILORIN faculty of law is strictly on merit and candidates must strive to perform very well in their UTME by meeting the UNILORIN Cut Off Mark for Law.
UNILORIN FACULTY OF LAW ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
UNILORIN UTME LAW REQUIREMENTS
- Common Law – Literature-in-English and any two other Arts/or Social Science subjects.
- Common and Islamic Law – Arabic or Islamic Studies and any two other Arts/Social Science subjects.
UNILORIN UTME Subjects:
- Common Law – Five O’level credit passes to include English Language, Literature – in – English, Mathematics and any other two Arts or Social Science subjects.
- Common and Islamic Law – Five O’level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Islamic Studies or Arabic and any other two subjects in Arts or Social Sciences.
UNILORIN Direct Entry Requirements:
- Common Law (i) At least two A’ level passes in Arts or Social Science subjects.(ii) First Degree (Second Class Lower) of an accredited University.(iii) Diploma (Upper Credit Grade) in Law
- Common and Islamic Law (i) At Least A’ level passes or equivalent in Arts/Social Sciences subjects.(ii) Diploma in Law (Upper credit)(iii) Relevant degree of an accredited University.(iv) NCE with Arabic or Islamic Studies as major.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER)/ REMARKS
- Common Law (Direct Entry) (i) UNILORIN accepts passes in the following:(a) HND (excluding Secretarial Studies);(b) ACIS;.(c) ACA, AIB.
(d) Other full qualifications in Accountancy
(e) LL.B (UNIVERSITY OF LONDON)
(f) Two year Diploma in Social Works (credit)
(g) Two year Diploma in Law of an accredited Government Institution with at least Upper Credit grade.
(h) A’ level pass in English Literature may be considered in lieu of O’level requirement in Literature-in-English
(i) A Pass grade in O’Level Mathematics is required.
(j) Degree holders need not possess
Literature-in-English and Mathematics.
(k) Where a Diploma is of four grades:-
Distinction, Credit, Merit and Pass – Credit grade is accepted for Direct Admission.
(ii) UNILORIN accepts A’ level English Literature in lieu of Literature-in-English. Also accepts Commercial subjects.
- Common and Islamic Law (Direct Entry)
UNILORIN requires Distinction or Credit grade where a Diploma is of Distinction, Credit, Merit and Pass grades