UNIUYO Admission Deferment Process | The University of Uyo, UNIUYO Admission Deferment Process and Procedures has been announced.
The Management of the University of Uyo (UNIUYO) has announced the procedure for the deferment of admission, change of course and suspension of studies from on academic session to another. Candidates who wish to defer their admission should see full procedures on this page
Deferment of Admission
Deferment of admission takes place in a situation in which a candidate who has been offered admission is unable to take up the admission in that academic year. For deferment of admission to be approved by Senate, the candidate must:
- have appeared for screening and was found qualified for registration in the Department into which he was offered admission;
- have formally accepted the admission and paid the Acceptance fee;
- have one of the following reasons for deferment:
(a) financial constraint
(b) ill-health, in which case, he must submit a Medical Report authenticated by the Director of Health Services of the University.
(c) non-release by employer
(d) family problem
Suspension of Studies
A registered and matriculated student of the University can suspend his studies under the following conditions:
- The student must have undergone screening, got registered and commenced studies for a period of time;
- The student must have proffered the following reasons:
(a) financial constraint
- The suspension of studies should normally be for a maximum period of one academic year in the first instance.
- The application for suspension of studies should be submitted through the Head of Department to the Dean of Faculty.
- The Faculty Board should deliberate on it and make a recommendation to Senate through the Business Committee of Senate.
Change of Course
(i) No student is allowed to change the initial course of study to another to start afresh at the 100 level. This may disqualify a student from the award of the degree of the University.
(ii) A student who has completed more than two semesters (i.e 100 level) of studies shall not be eligible to change his/her course, except students in the College of Medicine and Pharmacy who might be required to withdraw from the course.
(iii) A student is deemed not to have qualified to change his/her course if he/she fails to satisfy the entry requirements for the intended course, at the time of admission, into the University.
Can a deffered admission be terminated before due date? That is, before a full academic session is completed
Can someone defer only one semester in the academic session , for example, deferring only second semester
Yes you can
Can someone defer admission twice?
If I go on suspension of studies, when am back am starting afresh
If I go on suspension of studies, when am back, am I starting afresh??
Is the deferment really
@Philip Blessing, deferment is real, it can be done.
@Uwem you continue from where you stopped.
Please how can I apply for deferment in Uniuyo?