Through this partnership, a limited number of scholarships are awarded annually for graduate students at IHE Delft Institute for Water Education’s campus in the Netherlands. These scholarships are designed to promote long-term productive relationships between Rotarians and highly skilled water and sanitation professionals in their communities.
Rotarians interview and select from local candidates who have already been admitted to one of IHE Delft Institute for Water Education’s eligible 18-month Master of Science degree programs.
The specializations of the following IHE Delft MSc programs are eligible for a 2019-2021 Rotary Scholarship:
Joint specializations of these programmes are not eligible.
Sponsor Rotarians maintain contact with the scholar throughout his or her studies. After completion of the program, the scholar and sponsor Rotarians partner on a water-related activity in the scholar’s home country. Rotarians in the Netherlands involve the scholars in local cultural and Rotary-related events during their academic program. The financing of the successful candidates will be managed through Rotary’s Global Grant process.
Rotary Scholarships for Water and Sanitation Professionals Eligibility.
Students eligible for this scholarship must be provisionally admitted to one of the following degree programs at IHE Delft (joint programs are not eligible):
- MSc in Urban Water and Sanitation
- MSc in Water Management and Governance
- MSc in Water Science and Engineering
Students must also live or work near a Rotary club.
How to Apply for Rotary Scholarships for Water and Sanitation Professionals.
Students admitted to IHE Delft Institute for Water Education’s eligible programs can be nominated by a local Rotary Club in their home community by submitting the application form for a scholarship to the Rotary/IHE Delft committee in the Netherlands, together with the student’s resume and the IHE Delft admission letter. Only fully completed application forms submitted by the sponsoring Rotary Club will be considered.
Application procedure in short:
- You apply for admission for one of the IHE Delft eligible Master programmes before 1 April 2019
- You search for your nearest Rotarian club
- You approach them and ask them if they will nominate you for a Rotary scholarship
- The application form needs to be completed by you and by the Rotary Club
- After full completion the sponsoring Rotary Club submits your application to the Rotary/IHE Delft selection committee in The Netherlands before 15 April 2019
- After the selection all candidates will be informed about the outcome before 1st July.
The deadline for applying for admission to one of the IHE eligible MSc programs is 1 April 2019 and for submitting Rotary-scholarship applications is 15 April 2019. Any application forms submitted after this date will not be considered.
The application form has to be submitted by email to the Rotary/IHE Delft committee in the Netherlands: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates who have met the above criteria should CLICK HERE to apply.
For more information, visit Rotary Scholarships.