Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified International PhD students for the Newcastle University Overseas Research Scholarship (NUORS) 2019/2020 to study in UK.
Newcastle University Overseas Research Scholarship
Newcastle University is committed to offering support to the very best international students hoping to pursue a programme of research. We are pleased to offer a small number of University funded NUORS awards for outstanding international students who apply to commence PhD studies in any subject in 2017/18.
Newcastle University Overseas Research Scholarship Selection Criteria and Eligibility
A candidate could be eligible to apply for a NUORS award if:
- they have been offered a place on a PhD research programme
- they have been assessed as international/overseas for fees purposes, and are wholly or partially self-financing
- they intend to register to start your studies during the 2019/20 academic year.
Applications for a NUORS award cannot be made for a course that has already been started by a student.
Number of Scholarships: 15
Value of Scholarship: This award covers the difference between home and overseas fee rates (value approximately £11,490 to £17,700 per annum)
Duration of Scholarship: for the period of the programme
How to Apply for Newcastle University Overseas Research Scholarship
- You must have already applied for and been offered a place to study at Newcastle University before you apply for a NUORS award.
- Please complete the online NUORS application form and in accordance with the NUORS regulations. You will also be required to provide details of an academic referee; the University will then contact your referee directly.
- Further details can be found in the NUORS Regulations 19-20. Please read these thoroughly before applying.
- If you experience problems with the application form, please contact Student Financial Support who can e-mail a copy of the form and the regulations to you.
For more information, visit the Newcastle University Overseas Research Scholarship.
Application Deadline: 26th April 2019