NECO GCE 2023 Registration Form Instruction and Guidelines [Nov./Dec. SSCE External].
The National Examination Council (NECO) announced the commencement of the sales of application forms for the 2023 Senior School Certificate Examination for External Candidates.
Senior School Certificate Examination (external) is majorly for candidates not in the School system.
NECO GCE – General Information.
- The Registration fee once paid, is not refundable.
- The use of reputable cyber cafes is highly recommended as the Council will not be liable for registration errors committed by candidates. (A list of suggested cyber cafes nationwide where candidates can log on to register is available on the NECO website – Internet Service Operators – or are physically on display at our State offices nationwide.)
- Candidates should carefully follow the instructions on the on-line scratch card before registration.
- Candidates should study the Regulations and Syllabuses before registration.
- Candidates should note that their uploaded image/photograph during the registration will be embossed on their certificates.
- Smoking, cellular phones and other electronic communication devices are not allowed in the examination hall.
- Candidates should dress in mufti and no one will be allowed entry into the examination hall with arms.
- Multiple entries are not allowed. Candidates who register more than once will have their entire results canceled.
- Candidates who damage or lose their scratch cards before registration will have to purchase another card.
- Please note that No candidate shall be allowed into an examination hall once an examination commences.
How to Apply for NECO GCE Form.
- The registration period begins on 1st December 2020 and ends on 22 January 2023 at 12.00 midnight.
- Late registration i.e. registration done from 25 to 31st January 2023 will attract payment of ADDITIONAL One Thousand Naira (N1,000) only.
- Walk-in registration is Twenty Thousand Naira (20,000.00) only per candidate, Registration must be done a day before the scheduled time of the first subject/paper intended to sit for
The NECO SSCE External Registration fee is Nine Thousand Eight Hundred and Fifty Naira (N9,850) Only.
Stamp Duty: N50.00.
All payments should be made into NECO Treasury Single Account (TSA) SSCE (E) NECO portal.
Mode of Payment:
Candidates or registration points (cyber cafes) are to Visit www.neco.gov.ng and create an account using either their emails or phone numbers, activate the accounts and pay into the NECOSA through five payment options.
- ATM Card
- Internet Banking
- Bank Branch
CANDIDATES ARE TO NOTE THAT SCRATCH CARDS ARE NO LONGER USED FOR ALL NECO TRANSACTIONS
Application for Registration:
The registration s both online and offline. Prospective candidates should visit the Council’s website neco.gov.ng SSCE External link, to locate the nearest registration point (Cybercafe) and register at any time within the stipulated registration period. Candidates can also create an account, purchase registration token and then proceed to registration point to register.
- Passport size photograph is required for the registration. The candidate’s passport size photograph should NOT be more than SIX MONTHS old and must have a white background. System Camera can also be used to snap the passport size photograph at the point of registration as the case may be.
- BIOMETRIC FINGERPRINTS WILL BE CAPTURED DURING THE OFFLINE REGISTRATION OF EACH CANDIDATE.
- CANDIDATES SHOULD NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE BIOMETRIC VERIFICATION DURING THE CONDUCT OF THE EXAMINATION.
- CANDIDATES FOUND TO HAVE MISMATCHED FINGERPRINTS AT THE POINT OF VERIFICATION ARE DEEMED IMPERSONATORS AND WOULD BE SANCTIONED ACCORDING TO EXTANT LAWS.
- Create an Account: Create an account by visiting https://ssceexternal.neco.gov.ng/ and clicking the Register Here Link.
- Activate Your Account: An activation email will be sent to you. Follow the instructions contained in the email to activate your account. Sometimes the email might end up in your spam folder.
- Login: Visit ssceexternal.neco.gov.ng Use your registered email and password to login
- Make Payment: Once logged in, you can make payment for SSCE external examination. your payment is successful you will be issued exam and / or four figure table token(s)
- Locate a Registration Point: To register, you have to visit any one of the approved cybercafes operators registration points. Visit https://operator.neco.gov.ng/ to help you locate one near you.
- Register Offline: Register by providing your information including pictures, fingerprints and subjects you wish to sit for.
- Print Your Photo-Card: Provide your token to upload your data, Once the system verifies your token, you will be issued a photo-card with your registration number and details.
NOTE: In order to upload candidates’ data to the NECO portal online and obtain examination numbers, a candidate must be registered and either have an online account or have it created for him/her by a cyber café Log in to the created account and purchase registration token (s) (scratch cards are no longer used for SSCE External registration).
SSCE External Registration Token
The Registration Token is used by candidates to register for the SSCE External Exam, either by themselves or through a Registration Point. Now, before a candidate can sit for the SSCE External Exam, they need to Purchase a Registration Token, a candidate can purchase his/her Registration Token from their accounts or go to the nearest Registration Point.
NECO GCE Attestaion Photocards and Timetable.
On completion of the registration process, each candidate must obtain the following from the Cyber Cafe
- Timetable for the examination, and
- At least one (1) clear copy of the NECO Photocard, which would be used to admit the candidate into the Examination Hall. (Candidates should note that Passport size photographs on the Photo cards that are not clear will NOT be accepted in the Examination Hall)
The Referee’s Attestation section of the Photocard should be SIGNED AND STAMPED by any of the following:
- The Principal of a recognized Senior Secondary School
- An Ordained Clergyman or a Chief Imam.
- A Commissioned Officer of the Nigerian Armed Forces or the Police not below the rank of Captain
- A Senior Civil Servant not below GL. 14.
- A Legal Practitioner of not less than ten years’ experience.