Federation of Young European Greens is looking for an intern to support FYEG and the Greens/EFA group in the European Parliament in their work. It is a paid full-time internship with flexible working hours.
FYEG is a dynamic, inclusive organisation that unites Young Green activists, Green youth movements and political organisations from all over Europe. It advocates and campaigns for political change, and serves as a platform for the exchange of ideas and knowledge among Young Green activists.
Duration: This full-time internship is foreseen for a period of 5 months from mid-February 2019 to mid-July 2019 (exact dates to be agreed upon).
Working time: 35 hours/week, flexible working hours.
The work will consist of:
- assisting a member of staff of the Greens/EFA group in European Parliament
- assisting FYEG Office in its daily management and implementation of the FYEG activity plan
- liaising between the Greens/EFA group and FYEG office. The intern will also be involved in organising FYEG’s events and campaigns. The intern will work under joint supervision of a Group staff member and FYEG’s Secretary General in areas according to their expertise and background.
The intern will receive a monthly allowance of 1300 EUR.
Federation of Young European Greens (FYEG) Internship Eligibility
- Student (or recent graduate) with health insurance
- A good knowledge of English (both written and oral), knowledge of other languages would be an advantage
- General knowledge of European politics and a strong interest in Green politics
- Good writing and computer skills
- Availability to travel abroad
- Showing initiative, and the ability to work independently and under pressure
- Commitment to Green values and experience in grassroots activism through involvement or membership in FYEG Member Organisations.
How to Apply for Federation of Young European Greens (FYEG) Internship
If you are interested, please send your CV and a cover letter (explaining your motivation and interest in applying for this position) in one single PDF file by email to email@example.com.
In your motivation letter, please indicate 3 policy areas or topics that you are especially interested in and would like to follow in European Parliament. HERE you can find a list of topics the Greens/EFA Group is working on.
For more information, visit FYEG.
Application Deadline: November 26, 2018