The Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) Post UTME and direct entry admission form for the 2020/2021 academic session have been released.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) Post UTME and Direct Entry Screening Exercise for the 2020/2021 academic session.
Online applications are invited from qualified UTME candidates and as well as Direct Entry (DE) applicants.
AKSU Post UTME Eligibility.
- Only Candidates who scored 160 and above in the 2020 UTME conducted by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and Direct Entry (DE) candidates who made the Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) their First Choice Institution are eligible for screening.
- In addition, each candidate must possess at least five (5) credit passes including the English Language at not more than two (2) sittings.
Direct Entry candidates must be holders of OND/NCE/HND/First Degree/ A‘ Level in relevant discipline and subjects
UPLOADING OF O’LEVEL RESULTS
- All candidates are to upload their SSCE results online through the University’s website (www.aksu.edu.ng/portal) from Monday, July 27, 2020, to October 30, 2020.
- Candidates are advised to ensure that their O’level results are also uploaded in JAMB Portal, appropriately.
- All uploaded documents must be clear and legible. Blurred or unclear documents will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Any candidate who fails to upload his/her results and other relevant academic qualification (original) will NOT be considered for admission by the University.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SCREENING EXERCISE
1. 2020 UTME Result slip showing the candidate’s photograph in colour.
2. 2020 JAMB DE printout (Direct Entry applicants only).
3. WAEC/NECO/NABTEB Certificate/Result and Scratch Card(s) details as may be applicable.
4. Diploma, NCE or A-level result or certificate (Direct Entry applicants only)
5. Birth Certificate
6. Certificate of origin.
7. Certificate of Medical Fitness from approved Government Hospital.
How to Apply for AKSU Post UTME & Direct Entry Screening Exercise.
Candidates are required to register online for the screening exercise following the procedure below:
Visit http://portal.aksu.edu.ng to generate Pre-Payment Analysis Slip, by following the steps below:
1. Click on REGISTER NOW LINK in the Login Page
2. Select PUTME/DIRECT ENTRY in the Registration-Type Panel
3. Enter your JAMB registration number and click VERIFY.
4. On the right-hand side of the page showing your details, select CLICK TO MAKE PAYMENT and print the pre-payment slip so generated.
5. Either pay online with your ATM Card or proceed to the Bank with the pre-analysis slip and inform the Bank teller that you wish to make fee payment for Akwa Ibom
State University Post-UTME screening using e-transact.
6. The screening fee is N2,000 ONLY excluding bank charges.
7. After payment, repeat steps 1 to 3 above. The payment status on the right side of the page should now show PAID.
8. Click the “>” symbol at the extreme right-hand side of the page to proceed with the registration process.
9. Complete the form and ensure you clearly scan and upload the following documents (with sizes not more than 100KB)
(i) 2020 UTME result slip showing the candidate’s photograph in colour
(ii) 2020 JAMB DE printout (Direct Entry applicants only).
(iii) WAEC/NECO/NABTEB Certificate/Result and Scratch Card(s) details as may be applicable.
(iv) Degree, Diploma, NCE or A-level result certificate (Direct Entry applicants only)
(v) Certificate of origin.
(vi) Birth Certificate
(vii) Certificate of Medical Fitness from approved Government Hospital.
10.Print two (2) copies of AKSU Registration Slip from the portal. This will serve as the AKSU PUTME/DE screening Registration Card.
• Candidates who do not register for the Post-UTME screening exercise would not be considered for admission.
• Applicants who did NOT choose AKSU or change to AKSU as their University of First Choice in the 2020 UTME or Direct Entry are NOT eligible for this exercise.
• On filling the application form, each applicant should endeavour to use his/her own phone number and valid e-mail address in order to receive timely alerts, messages and directives. Do not use those of a cyber café operator or any other third party.
• Misrepresentation/falsification of documents is a serious offence. Candidates are, therefore, advised to submit genuine documents only.
• No candidate with awaiting result will be offered admission in AKSU. Kindly upload your O’level results in AKSU and JAMB portals.
• Early commencement of registration is advised to avoid congestion close to the deadline.
• AKSU portal for registration of candidates for the screening exercise will be closed on Friday, August 21, 2020.
• Candidates are strongly advised to adhere strictly to the guidelines stipulated above for successful completion of the online submissions.