The Yusuf Maitama Sule University Kano (NWU) Postgraduate Admission Form for the 2023/2024 Academic Session is out.
The management of the Northwest University (NWU), Kano (now Yusuf Maitama Sule University Kano – YUMSUK) has commenced the sale of application forms for admission into its various postgraduate programmes for the 2023/2024 academic session.
YUMSUK Postgraduate Admission Requirements
Postgraduate Diploma Programme:
- A candidate seeking admission into a Postgraduate Diploma programme must possess a qualification equivalent to a first degree (at least 3rd Class Degree or higher) or a Higher National Diploma (HND) (at least Lower Credit) or its equivalent (provided the University matriculation requirement is satisfied). Such a candidate should have the relevant postqualification experience as may be prescribed from time to time. However, Ordinary National Diploma (OND) plus professional qualification and Higher Diploma (HD) are not equivalent to HND.
Master’s Degree Programme:
- A candidate seeking admission into the Academic Master’sDegree Programme must hold:
- i. A minimum of Second Class (Lower Division) Degree of Yusuf Maitama Sule University, or any other recognized University.
- ii. Third Class Degree plus a good Postgraduate Diploma at credit level from Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano and a minimum CGPA of 3.50 from any other recognized University or institution.
- iii. Any other qualifications deemed by the Board of the School of Postgraduate Studies and Senate to be equivalent to (i) or (ii) above.
- A candidate seeking admission into a Professional Master’s Degree programme must hold:
- i. A minimum of Second-Class Lower degree in the relevant area from Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano or any other recognized University.
Ph.D. and M.Phil. Degree Programmes:
- A candidate who seeks admission into the degree of the Doctor of Philosophy programme must hold an Academic Master’s Degree of Yusuf Maitama Sule University or any other recognized University. The CGPA of the Masters programme should be at least 3.50 on a scale of 0.00 to 5.00. A Ph.D. candidate who satisfies all admission requirements except the CGPA can be considered for admission into M.Phil./Ph.D. provided the CGPA is at least 3.00.
- M.Phil. from any recognized University with a minimum CGPA of 3.00.
- Any other qualification deemed equivalent to (a) or (b) above.
How to Apply for YUMSUK Postgraduate Admission Form
The online sale of application forms for Postgraduate Programmes for the 2023/2024 Academic session in the School of Postgraduate Studies.
Interested applicants are to complete the online application form by visiting Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano website: sps.yumsuk.edu.ng for application procedure list of available programmes and admission requirements Furthermore, applicants are to note the following;
- All programmes are on a full-time basis
- The cost of the application form is Ten Thousand Nama (N10.000.00) only excluding bank charges (non-refundable)
- Applicants must ensure that they have the entry requirements for the programme he/she is applying in addition to the required five level credits including English and or Mathematics
- Applicants for PhD and Academic Masters should ensure that their academic transcripts are sent to the School of Postgraduate Studies, Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano
- Applicants for PhD Programmes should ensure that they submit their research proposal of not more than 300 words
- Valid phone numbers and the E-mail address of the applicant must be provided.
For further enquiries, kindly send an e-mail to Application.email@example.com