The University of York is pleased to offer ten Vice-Chancellor’s scholarships for exceptional undergraduate and postgraduate taught students.
University of York Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships
These prestigious scholarships aim to reward and encourage exceptionally high-achieving students by offering a tuition fee discount to those expected to achieve AAA at A-level, 36 points in the IB (or international equivalents), or a First class undergraduate degree (or international equivalents).
University of York Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships Eligibility
Eligible students must:
- be expected to achieve AAA at A Level, 36 points in the IB, or a 1st class undergraduate degree (or international equivalents)
- have a conditional or unconditional offer to study at the University of York by the 30 April 2019 (you do not need to have accepted the offer)
- be paying fees at the overseas fee rate (any fee assessments must be complete by the 30 April 2019)
- be intending on studying a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate taught course based on the University of York campus
- have already met the English Language requirements of their offer (by 30 April 2019)
Applicants cannot hold a 100% tuition fee scholarship or be fully sponsored.
Applicants for the following pathways are not eligible to apply for the Vice-Chancellor’s scholarships:
- Hull York Medical School
- International Pathway College
- Distance learning courses
Value and Duration of Award
There are ten scholarships available:
- five undergraduate scholarships offering a £5,000 tuition fee discount for each year of study, up to three years
- five postgraduate taught scholarships offering a £5,000 tuition fee discount for one year of study
How to Apply for University of York Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships
- As part of the application, you will need to provide 3 short statements of 250-300 words explaining why you would like to be considered for the scholarship.
- A panel of senior staff from the University will select the successful scholarship awardees.
- We aim to inform all applicants of the outcome of their scholarship application by late May.
- Apply now
For more information, visit the University of York Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships
Application Deadline: 30th April 2019 11.59pm (GMT+1)