The Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry is offering scholarships for the Postgraduate Course in Polymer Science under the auspices and support of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) and IUPAC (International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry).
UNESCO/IUPAC Postgraduate Scholarship
Over the years, more than 150 young researchers from different countries participated in UNESCO/IUPAC Courses (see archive) and contributed to a number of scientific projects. The participant of the UNESCO/IUPAC Course joins a current research project led by an experienced supervisor from the Institute (for research program of the Institute, see http://www.imc.cas.cz). Preliminary contact with the potential supervisor is recommended. The participant is obliged to attend a series of lectures and practica on various topics of polymer science given by Institute specialists.
Graduates can follow in their studies in the Czech Republic as PhD students at Charles University, Institute of Chemical Technology or other in collaboration with laboratories of the Institute.
UNESCO/IUPAC Postgraduate Scholarship Eligibility
- Candidate must have Masters or PhD degree.
- The official language of the Course is English; hence, good command of English is a necessary condition for admittance.
Value of Award
- The participants receive monthly scholarship of CZK 9.500,- (EUR 354,- ).
- The participants use facilities at the IMC building in Prague 6 or at the IMC laboratories in the BIOCEV building in Vestec (outskirts of Prague).
- In addition, the Institute offers free accommodation at the Academy Hotel Mazanka.
- The Institute reimburses the payment the participant made to obtain visa.
Duration of Program: The Course begins on 1st October every year and lasts ten months.
How to Apply for UNESCO/IUPAC Postgraduate Scholarship
Candidates who have met the above criteria should CLICK HERE to apply.
It is important to go through application instructions on the Program Webpage before applying.
Award Providers: The Course is organized under the auspices of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, UNESCO and IUPAC.
For more information, visit UNESCO/IUPAC Postgraduate Scholarship.
Application Deadline: 22nd February 2019.