Qatar University offers types of scholarships annually to attract qualified students, provided that they meet the requirements of each scholarship and subm1t the required documents.
Qatar University Scholarships
Qatar University supports a wide variety of scholarships recipients each academic year in order to attract highly qualified students. While the vast majority of academic scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit and scholarly achievement.
- Islamic and other Countries Scholarships
- H.H. the Emir of Qatar’s Scholarships for Academic Excellence
- Outstanding Performance Scholarship
- QU Honors Program Scholarship
- GCC States Scholarships (Embassies)
- GCC Qatari Certificate Scholarships
- Qatari National’s Children Scholarships
- Qatari Husband Scholarships
- Children of Qatar University Employees Scholarships
- College of Education Diploma Scholarships
- Short Scholarships for the Arabic Program for Non-Native Program
Qatar University Scholarships Eligibility
- applicants may be nominated by their embassies or may apply directly to Qatar University. Such students will be sponsored by Qatar University and these scholarships include exemption from tuition fees, provision of university accommodation, and annual round trip air fare ticket and booking fees exemption.
- Scholarships contained within this guide includes only first bachelor students and students who transfer from other universities to Qatar University. Non-degree applicants, visiting students and applicants seeking a second bachelor’s degree are not eligible for academic scholarships offered by Qatar University.
Value of Award
All scholarships cover the cost of tuition fees while the benefits of some scholarships may also include one or more of the following benefits: the cost of textbooks fees free accommodation in university dormitories, transportation to and from the University, and a yearly airfare ticket to the home country for students who are not residents of Qatar.The student shall pay the due penalties in case he/she drops courses, or withdraw from the semester.
Duration of Award: All scholarship students must commit to maximum duration which is the proposed duration of the academic program that he/she is studying at, which is based on the program graduation requirements, in addition to the number of semesters spent in the Foundation Program (maximum one year). The maximum duration does not include summer courses or courses that the student drops or withdraws.
How to Apply for Qatar University Scholarships
Current students can apply for a scholarship through their myQU
For New Student can apply for scholarship through the Admission Application System.
Admission Condition for international scholarship students
The student applied to majors taught in English as a first or second preference, must demonstrate proficiency in English and Mathematics by satisfying the minimum competency requirements by submitting IELTS (5.5) and SAT (570) or ACT (24).
For more information, visit the Qatar University Scholarships.
Application Deadline: 9th May 2019