Each year the Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) offers undergraduate Scholarships for Nigerian female students in Nigerian universities on any course of study.
In 2019, NWAG plans to award 37 one-time scholarships, one per state of origin as well as one for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), in the amount of one hundred thousand Naira (N100,000) each, to Nigerian female, undergraduate students in Nigerian universities.
One Hundred thousand naira (N100,000)
NWAG Scholarships Eligibility
An applicant must be a Nigerian female, undergraduate student in a Nigerian University.
How to Apply for NWAG Scholarships
Interested prospective applicants are advised to download an application form here.
Applicants are required to submit the following documents together with their completed application form on or before May 30, 2019
- Proof of State of Origin- Letter of Origination from the university or a letter from your local government office.
- Two letters of recommendation from any two of the following: Church Pastor/Mosque Imam, Village Head, Local Government Chairperson or One of your Lecturers.
- 1 Letter of recommendation from either the Dean of your Faculty/School or your Head of Department.
- Photocopy of your current university student identification card
- A current photograph of yourself
- An explanation of why you need and should receive the scholarship (not more than one-half typed page).
A type-written, double-spaced, two-page essay on:
“There is a high rise in unemployment in Nigeria. University graduates are without jobs, how do you as a prospective University graduate believe the government can resolve this problem?”
Application Form and process is free! Do not send money to anyone nor include money in your application.
For more information, visit the NWAG Scholarships.
Application Deadline: 30th May 2019