The Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) Postgraduate Admission Application Form for the 2019/2020 academic session has been released.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna (NDA) full-time and part-time postgraduate programs for the 2019/2020 Academic Session.
NDA Postgraduate Admission Requirements.
The requirements for the various programmes are as follows:
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Degree: A candidate for PhD Degree must possess a minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division) at Bachelor’s Degree and an academic Master’s Degree in the proposed field of study from a recognised University. In addition, the candidate must have scored an average of not less than 60% or CGPA of 3.50 on a scale of 5 at the Masters level.
- Masters (MA, MEng and MSc) Degree: A candidate seeking admission into the Master’s Degree program shall be a graduate of the Nigerian Defence Academy or any other recognized university. Such a candidate must possess a minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division) in the relevant field of study.
The requirements for the various programs are as follows:
- Masters Degree: Candidates applying for the part-time programs must possess a Bachelor degree with a minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division). Candidates with Third Class degree or Higher National Diploma must also possess a Postgraduate Diploma at credit level in a related discipline from any recognized University to be eligible for admission. HND candidates must possess a minimum of Lower Credit to apply.
- PGD Programmes: Candidates applying for the Postgraduate Diploma program must possess a minimum of Third Class Bachelors Degree from the Nigerian Defence Academy or any other recognized University or Higher National Diploma at a minimum of Lower Credit.
Duration of NDA Postgraduate Programmes.
Full – Time:
Each student admitted for PhD or Master’s Degree must pursue a FULL-TIME course of study and research in the Academy. Depending on the degree in view, the following conditions are also applicable:
- A student for the Masters degree shall pursue the programme for 2 years (4 semesters).
- Candidates for PhD degree shall pursue the programme for 3 years (6 semesters). At the expiration of the period of study for any given programme, a student who has not completed his/her programme shall be withdrawn from the Academy.
- A student for Master degree shall pursue the programme for 18 months (2 semesters course work and 1 semester for project) except MBA programme which runs for 2 years.
- A student for Postgraduate diploma shall pursue the programme for one year (2 semesters) except engineering courses which runs for 2 years.(4 semesters).
- Professional master degree and postgraduate diploma programmes are delivered on Fridays and Saturdays.
How to Apply for NDA Postgraduate Admission Form.
The sale of Online Application Forms will be opened from 10th July 2019 – 15 September 2019. You can apply for the admission form HERE.
Online application: Upon purchase of Access Codes, prospective candidates should follow the link on NDA website www.nda.edu.ng or log on to pgapplications.nda.edu.ng to complete the Online Application Form. For further inquiries please contact The Secretary, Postgraduate School, Nigerian Defence Academy, PMB 2109, Kaduna – 08035902949.
1. CREATE AN ACCOUNT
- Your first step to applying to the Nigerian Defence Academy Postgraduate school is to create an account.
- Click Here to create an account. if you already have an Account, click to log in to the portal. Your account will enable you to purchase a form and also complete your application over several sessions. You will access your secure application in subsequent sessions by signing in under “Login” or “Application Status”. If you have started an application previously, you can always log in to continue. The system will prompt you on how to complete the application. Once satisfied with the application, click on submit!
2. PURCHASE FORM
- Applicants can pay for their applications Online via the portal or via REMITA Retrieval Reference RRR at any Nigerian bank of choice. Ensure you have completed the previous step “CREATE AN ACCOUNT” to proceed.
- To pay Online, Login to the application portal, choose ‘Pay Online’.
- To pay via at any Nigerian bank of choice, login to the application portal, choose ‘Pay at Branch’
- The application will guide you through the rest of the straightforward payment process
3. UPLOAD DOCUMENTS
- The online upload of required application documents is necessary, it is therefore advised that you please come along with the originals of this uploaded documents for sighting during your interview. Your application information is maintained on a secure server and remains confidential prior to submission. Use the Support link to get help or assistance during the completion and submission process.
- Kindly note that your application is not complete until all copies of your Credentials, Acknowledgement Form, Application for Transcripts form and Medical Report Form , have been uploaded and submitted along with your application.
- Your application will be reviewed online by the appropriate admission officials once submitted to Nigerian Defence Academy Online. All required application procedures must be completed on or before the appropriate application deadline.
5. APPLICATION STATUS
- Check the status of your application by logging into this system with the login details assigned to you for the application. However, you will receive important email messages as it relates to your application status.