Take a break that counts! Apply for the International Volunteer HQ’s Alternative Break Scholarship 2019. The scholarship is open to anyone looking to break away from the standard-issue Spring, Summer or Winter Break and join forces with other travelers who are passionate about creating positive change through meaningful international experiences.
If you’re wanting to take an alternative break, but you’re not sure if you can afford it. Or, you’re hoping to secure an internship but you need to earn money instead. Then the Alternative Break Scholarship offers you the chance to have a meaningful experience abroad, without having to pay for it! You’ll have your Registration and Program Fees paid for plus flights up to the value of $1000, which could save you more than $3,000!
With the Alternative Break Scholarship you can choose from two alternative break options: volunteering abroad or taking an internship. Both allow you to make your vacation an extension of your education, help you develop your cross-cultural understanding and give you invaluable life experience.
By volunteering abroad, you’ll be taking a break that genuinely has an impact and supports the long term needs of a community abroad. Or, you can focus on career readiness by taking a global internship with IVHQ’s sister company, Intern Abroad HQ.
International Volunteer HQ’s Alternative Break Scholarship
Scholarship recipient will receive:
- 2-week volunteer or intern abroad program with International Volunteer HQ or Intern Abroad HQ in the destination of the recipients choice
- Flight voucher (to the value of US$1000) from IVHQ Flights
- Travel insurance up to the value of US$250 for the 2-week duration of the IVHQ Program
- The ‘Certificate in International Volunteering’ online course from Global Travel Academy
International Volunteer HQ’s Alternative Break Scholarship Eligibility
- The scholarship is open to anyone of any nationality;
- Applicant must be over the age of 18.
How to Apply for International Volunteer HQ’s Alternative Break Scholarship
For more information, visit IVHQ.