Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified Chritian Young People for the 2019/2020 Government of Hungary Scholarship Program to study for bachelor, masters and one-tier masters programmes in Hungary.
The Hungarian Deputy State Secretariat for the Aid of Persecuted Christians through the Tempus Public Foundation are offering scholarships available for bachelor, master and one-tier master programmes.
Government of Hungary Scholarship Program 2019/2020 for Christian Young People
The core mission of the Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People is to provide the possibility of studying in Hungary for young Christian students living in the crisis regions of the world and/or being threatened in their country because of their faith.
After completing their studies, the scholarship holders will return to help their home community with their gained knowledge, and thy will participate in the reconstruction of war-destroyed countries and contribute to improvement of social situation and preservation of culture of Christian communities.
Government of Hungary Scholarship Program Eligibility
The Scholarship Programme is based on the cooperation between the Ministry of Human Capacities of Hungary and churches, pursuing humanitarian activities in crisis regions.
- The applicants may not have Hungarian citizenship.
- Local Churches are to verify and prove that the applicant belongs to their religious community. Only those applications can be awarded with scholarship, which also possess the recommendation from the local Church along with the approval of the Deputy State Secretariat for the Aid of Persecuted Christians.
- Scholarship holders must possess the relevant language and education certificates, degrees requested by the host university of the selected degree programme.
- The scholarship holders commit themselves in the scholarship agreement that after the scholarship agreement ends they return to their home countries, if the local security and political conditions allow it so.
- Scholarships are for young applicants who are older than 18 years of age by the time their education starts
- An individual may win the scholarship only one time at a study level.
The scholarship is announced for the citizens of following countries: Egypt, Lebanese Republic, Republic of Iraq, State of Israel, Palestine, Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Syrian Arab Republic, The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Republic of Kenya, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia and Nigeria.
Government of Hungary Scholarship Program Selection Criteria
Applications are considered formally eligible if all criteria are met:
- the applicant is eligible for participation in the Scholarship Programme;
- the applicant has applied for a scholarship type and study programme available within the framework of the Scholarship Programme;
- the applicant has submitted the application and all documents as required no later than the application deadline (except for cases listed in section 3.3.);
- the applicant has proved his/her language proficiency and the language skills meet the requirements of the Host Institution.
Applicants with an eligible, formally correct application can proceed to the institutional entrance examinations. Each applicant can participate in up to two institutional entrance examinations – based on the submitted application form.
Value of Programme:
- Tuition-free education – exemption from the payment of tuition fee
- Monthly stipend – bachelor, master and one-tier master level: monthly amount of HUF 119 000 (cca. EUR 380) contribution to the living expenses in Hungary, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies
- Accommodation – dormitory place or a contribution of HUF 40 000 to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period
- Reimbursement of travel costs – HUF 200 000 /year (cca. EUR 645)
- Medical insurance – health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act No. 80 of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 65 000 (cca. EUR 205) a year/person
How to Apply for Government of Hungary Scholarship Program
The applicants must fill out and save all requested information on the online application form in English language and also present all relevant documents.
Candidates who have met the above criteria should CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
Application Deadline: 20th March, 2019
For information, visit the Government of Hungary Scholarship Program.