COVID-19: University of Ibadan (UI) Suspends Academic Activities.
This is to inform the University Community that the Board of Health of the University of Ibadan at its meeting of Thursday, 19 March 2020 considered the state of the COVID-19 Pandemic in Nigeria. As a health safety precautionary measure, it recommended that all students (both undergraduate and postgraduate) vacate the Campus immediately. The Vice-Chancellor has approved this recommendation on be half of the Senate.
Consequently, all students are hereby directed to vacate the campus with effect from Friday, 20 March 2020. The institution will remain dosed to students until further notice. However, the Students’ Affairs Division of the University will see to any need to make special arrangements for international students who are unable to vacate their hostels.
All primary and secondary schools located within the campus of the University of Ibadan are hereby advised to dose until the Pandemic is brought under effective control. All staff and students, wherever they may be, are strongly advised to adhere strictly to all health safety measures to avoid exposure to or contact with the virus. These include:
- Social distancing
- Avoidance of handshakes and other unnecessary physical contacts
- Regular washing of hands with water and soap for at least 20 seconds
- Use of hand sanitizers containing at least 60% alcohol
- Avoidance of touching of eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoidance of contact with people who are sick
- Practicing safe coughing or sneezing techniques
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched surfaces such as doorknobs, light switches, phones, and keyboards.
Please let us all keep safe as much as it lies with us during this period.