The Bowen University, Iwo Postgraduate Admission Form for 2020/2021 academic session has been released.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into various Postgraduate degree programmes of the Bowen University for the 2020/2021 academic session.
UNIQUENESS OF BOWEN POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
- All programmes are accredited by NUC and Professional Bodies
- Highly rated and competent lecturers
- Uninterrupted Academic Calendar
- Adequate accommodation for students (optional)
- Well-equipped laboratories and studios
- Well stocked library with both print and e-resources
- Wi-Fi accessibility in all areas of the University
- A serene environment with natural vegetation
Bowen University Postgraduate Study Modes.
Applicants have the option of selecting any of the following study modes for their programmes:
- On-Campus: A student on the On-campus mode of study shall undergo his/her entire lectures, practical and fieldwork within the University campus.
- Online: Every component of the programme shall be delivered online to students on the Online mode of study.
- Hybrid: Lectures shall be delivered online while practical and fieldwork shall be done in the University campus for students on the Hybrid mode of study.
The table below shows the modes of study available for the various programmes:
Click on the image below for a better view.
*An M.Phil/Ph.D student shall be required to pass a conversion examination after 2 semesters but not later than 4 semesters for full-time, or after 4 semesters but not later than 6 semesters for part-time.
Bowen University Postgraduate Admission General Requirements.
- A graduate of Bowen University or from a recognized University with a qualification adjudged to be equivalent to a first degree but with a grade not lower than second class lower division may be admitted. A holder of Higher National Diploma from a recognized institution with a minimum of upper credit may also be admitted.
- A candidate with a first degree from Bowen University or equivalent from a recognized University with a minimum of a second class lower division may be admitted.
- A candidate with a good Postgraduate Diploma in addition to a first degree or HND from a recognized institution may also be admitted.
Master of Philosophy Degree
- A candidate with a Masters degree from Bowen University or its equivalent from a recognized University whose weighted coursework average at the Masters level is between 3.0 and 3.49 CGPA (on 5-point grade average) or between 50 and 54.99%, which includes coursework and dissertation, from a recognized University, may be admitted to the M.Phil. degree programme.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Degree
- Direct admission to the Ph.D. programme
A candidate with a good M. Phil. degree or Master’s degree from Bowen University or its equivalent from a recognized University with a grade not less than 4.00 CGPA (on a 5-point scale) or cumulative average of 60%, which includes course work and dissertation may be admitted.
- M.Phil./Ph.D. and Conversion to PhD.
A candidate whose weighted coursework average at the Masters level is between 55 and 59.99%, which includes coursework and dissertation, from Bowen University or its equivalent from a recognized University, may be admitted to the M.Phil./Ph.D. degree programme.
Duration of Bowen University Postgraduate Programmes.
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMME
- The duration of the Postgraduate Diploma programme shall be a minimum of 2 semesters and a maximum of 4 semesters for full-time studies; a minimum of 3 semesters and a maximum of 6 semesters for part-time studies.
MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMME
- For the M.Sc. programme, the duration shall be a minimum of 3 semesters and a maximum of 6 semesters for full-time students, and for part-time students a minimum of 4 semesters and a maximum of 8 semesters.
- For MBA: Full-time shall be a minimum of 4 semesters and maximum of 8 semesters; and for part-time a minimum of 6 semesters and maximum of 10 semesters.
MASTER OF PHILOSOPHY DEGREE PROGRAMME
- The duration of the M.Phil. programme shall be a minimum of 3 semesters and a maximum of 6 semesters for full time, and a minimum of 4 semesters and maximum of 8 semesters for part-time.
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (Ph.D.) DEGREE
- The minimum period of study for the Ph.D. degree shall be six 6 semesters and a maximum of 8 semesters for full time, and a minimum of 9 semesters and maximum of 12 semesters for part-time study.
- For M. Phil/Ph.D, the minimum period of study shall be 8 semesters and a maximum of 10 semesters for full-time, and a minimum of 10 semesters and a maximum of 14 semesters for part-time.
- For M.Phil. degree holders, the programme shall be a minimum of 5 semesters and maximum of 7 semesters for full-time, and minimum of 7 semesters and maximum of 9 for part-time.
Bowen University Postgraduate Programmes Mode of Admission.
- Full-Time Admission can be offered to candidates who satisfy the College of Postgraduate Studies that they are not in employment, or that they have been released by their employers to undertake full-time studies. Candidates found to have made a false declaration in this respect shall be asked to withdraw from the University.
- Candidates may be granted part-time admission if they can satisfy the College of Postgraduate Studies that facilities for their work as part-time students are adequate. Candidates applying for part-time may be asked to show evidence of release by their employers.
How to Apply for Bowen University PG Admission Form.
The Application Form costs Fifteen thousand naira (N15,000.00) only.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
Applicants are required to visit Bowen University website or contact the following for enquiries
Registrar, Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State
Phone number: 08062088600
College of Postgraduate Studies
Phone number: 08061527161