The Bible is the holy book of the Christians and contains many historical events dating some 3,000 years back, and is the most popular historical book ever sold. It also holds messages of old prophets, God, his son, Jesus Christ, and many of His apostles.
As a book with ancient recordings and also very important to the Christians, it is important that they have knowledge of the book’s content, adult and children alike.
It can be easy to forget the contents due to many distractions which is why we have prepared these bible trivia questions and answers for you to freshen your memory and learn more.
If you think you understand the good book well enough we are calling on you to put it to the test by engaging in the 100 bible trivia questions and answers compiled in this article.
It is also a good way of learning about the bible as a Christian, understanding and acquiring certain knowledge of the bible to share with others.
The Bible trivia questions and answers are designed for group (friends & family), and individual bible studies. It can be used for Sunday school, teaching the young ones about the Christian faith and helping them understand it better.
This isn’t only for Christian or church use alone, if you are just an individual searching for knowledge on anything or curious about the bible and the Christian faith you can also find the hard bible trivia questions and answers useful.
It may also be used for research purposes if you are looking to enter the ministry or do some humanitarian work. You could also use them as quiz in bible study or Sunday school classes to inspire and teach members.
If you are new to this Christian-bible thingy, then you may not even understand what hard bible trivia questions and answers may mean.
So, for the sake of clarity and to inspire you to learn further we have given answers to some of the questions that may confuse you below:
What are bible trivia questions?
Bible trivia questions are bible questions or information that is considered to be of little value but they actually involve obscure facts.
Are bible questions hard?
Bible questions usually have difficulty levels ranging from easy and medium for kids and teenagers then hard for adults. If you are just starting out to learn and understand Christianity, you may want to start from easy and gradually progress from there to gain the foundational knowledge.
However, if you are already involved in the religion then follow the difficulty level as it is listed but you could always try harder or test your knowledge by going for a level higher than yours.
So, whether bible questions hard depend on how well versed you are as a Christian and the level of bible questions you want to study.
How do I create bible trivia questions and answers?
Firstly, you need to know your way around the bible then begin to conduct research looking for trivia questions and creating their answers. You will need a notepad while doing this to write out these trivia questions and their answers.
Afterwards, you should proceed to print it out or post on your blog if you have one so that others can have access to it and learn from it since that is the main purpose of creating bible trivia questions and answers.
With these out of the way and clarity well expressed, it’s high time we dived into the main subject matter. Learning the hard trivia questions and answers and how they can help you grow spiritually and in general knowledge empowerment.
100 Bible Trivia Questions and Answers
- Question: How many baskets were leftover after Jesus fed the 5,000
- Question: The high priest of Jerusalem that put Jesus on trial, what was his name
- Question: According to the Gospel of Matthew, Jesus’ first public sermon happened where?
Answer: On the mount
- Question: Who were the first apostles Jesus called to follow him?
Answer: Peter and Andrew
- Question: Paul is from what tribe?
- Question: How many people entered Noah’s ark?
- Question: What did Joshua command to stay still?
Answer: The sun and the moon
- Question: Who let the Israelites return to their homeland?
- Question: How many plagues are in Exodus?
- Question: What is the longest chapter of the bible?
Answer: Psalm 119
- Question: The first murderer in the bible is who?
- Question: Which place is called “Zion” and “the city of David”
- Question: Who took Judas Iscariot’s place as a disciple?
- Question: What area of Palestine did the tribe of Judah lived after the exile?
- Question: Jesus rose from the dead on what day?
Answer: Third day
- Question: Which group was the ruling council of the Jews that plotted Jesus’ death?
Answer: The Sanhedrin
- Question: How many sections and divisions does the bible have?
- Question: Which two rivers border Eden in modern-day Iraq?
Answer: Tigress and Euphrates
- Question: The Trinity was revealed when?
Answer: At Jesus’ baptism
- Question: Moses received the commandments at which mountain
Answer: Mount Sinai
- Question: Jesus’ meeting of a woman at Jacob’s well was in which town?
- Question: Who crafted an idol for the Israelites to worship while Moses was away?
- Question: What idol did Aaron craft for the Israelites to worship
Answer: The Golden Calf
- Question: Apostle Paul wrote how many books?
- Question: How was Jezebel killed?
Answer: Thrown out of her window
- Question: Ahab had how many sons in Samaria?
- Question: Sarah, the wife of Abraham, lived how many years?
- Question: What is the name of the well Abraham and Abimelech fought over?
- Question: In the Song of Songs, how much is the bride’s dowry?
Answer: 1,000 silver pieces
- Question: Paul was warned of the plot against him by who?
Answer: His nephew
- Question: What is the name of David’s chief counselor
- Question: Who was the queen that crowned Esther as queen?
- Question: To create the plague of frogs, who stretched his rod over the waters of Egypt?
- Question: What are the names of the three sons of Adam and Eve?
Answer: Cain, Abel, and Seth
- Question: What was God’s sign to Noah that he would never destroy the earth again?
Answer: A rainbow
- Question: Through what did God speak to Moses in the desert?
Answer: A burning bush.
- Question: What is the bible’s shortest verse?
Answer: Jesus wept – John 11:35
- Question: Jesus rose back to life on which day of the week?
- Question: Did Jesus write any book directly
- Question: What were men trying to do at the Tower of Babel?
Answer: Build a tower to reach Heaven
- Question: How many of Jesus’ brothers are named in the Bible?
- Question: Is Jesus’ sister ever named in the Bible?
- Question: Who was Jesus’ most famous cousin?
Answer: John the Baptist
- Question: Who was the enemy who took the Ark of the Covenant?
- Question: What happened to the idol which was beside the Ark in the enemy’s temple?
Answer: It fell over and broke
- Question: Name one of Jesus’s brothers.
Answer: James, Joseph, Simon, or Judas
- Question: David wrote the entire book of Psalms. True or False
Answer: False. The Psalms are a collection by many writers, but David contributed the most.
- Question: In what language was most of the Old Testament given?
- Question: In what language was most of the New Testament given?
- Question: Which human author wrote the most books?
Answer: Paul wrote 13 books.
- Question: Which human author wrote the most words in the Bible?
Answer: Moses wrote 125,139 words.
- Question: What was most likely the first Gospel written?
- Question: Who were Noah’s three sons?
Answer: Shem, Ham, Japheth.
- Question: What was the name of Abram’s handmaid?
- Question: When the Israelites were in the desert hungry, what did God send to feed them?
Answer: Quail and manna.
- Question: The spies sent into the land of Canaan, what did they see that made them scared?
- Question: Who were the only two Israelites allowed to go into the Promised Land after many years?
Answer: Joshua and Caleb
- Question: King Solomon wrote which books of the bible?
Answer: Songs of Solomon, Proverbs, and some Psalms
- Question: When Saul conquered the Amalekites, what person did he keep as a prisoner instead of killing as God said to?
Answer: The king, Agag.
- Question: Which books of the Bible record all the kings?
Answer: 1st and 2nd Kings, 1st and 2nd Chronicles
- Question: How many kings of Judah were there?
- Question: How many kings of Israel were there?
- Question: Who conquered Judah and took Daniel to their country?
Answer: The Babylonians.
- Question: Who was the last king Daniel served under in the Bible?
Answer: King Nebuchadnezzar’s.
- Question: What happened to the kingdom after Solomon’s rule?
- Question: What were the names of Daniel’s three friends?
Answer: Shadrach, Meshach, Abednego.
- Question: When they refused to bow to an idol, where were they thrown?
Answer: Into a fiery furnace.
- Question: What was the name of the demon Jesus cast out of a man in the Gerasenes?
- Question: How many people saw Jesus after he came back from the dead?
Answer: Over 500 people
- Question: What was Paul’s other name?
Answer: Saul of Tarsus
- Question: While on the road to Gaza, an apostle shared the Gospel with an Ethiopian officer what is the apostle’s name?
- Question: Peter raised a woman named Dorcas from the dead. True or False?
- Question: Where did Peter stay during his ministry in the city of Joppa?
Answer: In the house of Simon the tanner.
- Question: What did Peter’s vision about the unclean animals mean?
Answer: That all people can be made clean through Jesus.
- Question: Which two birds did Noah send out of the ark as messengers?
Answer: Raven and dove
- Question: Lebanon was popular for which kind of tree?
Answer: Cedar tree
- Question: In what manner did Stephen die?
Answer: He was stoned to death
- Question: What illness was Mephibosheth suffering from?
Answer: He was lame
- Question: The names of Abraham’s brothers were?
Answer: Haran and Nahor
- Question: At the time of Jesus’ birth, which roman was in charge of cultivation at Syria?
- Question: Apostle Paul on the Areopagus or the execution of Jacob, which happened first?
Answer: The execution of Jacob
- Question: Who was Bernice?
Answer: The wife of King Agrippa
- Question: What was the name of Priscilla’s husband?
- Question: What was Aquilla’s job?
Answer: He was a tentmaker
- Question: The goddess of Ephesus who was worshiped the most, what was her name?
- Question: Who was Ahasveros?
Answer: A Persian kind, Xerxes 1
- Question: What was the name of Moses’ sister?
- Question: King Rehoboam has how many children?
- Question: Who was King Solomon’s mother?
- Question: Who was Samuel’s father?
- Question: Who was the disciple that Jesus loved?
- Question: Was John the Baptist a disciple?
- Question: How many Gospels are in the New Testament?
- Question: What are the four Gospels in the New Testament?
Answer: Matthew, Mark, Luke, & John
- Question: Who is the book of Acts addressing?
Answer: The churches
- Question: How many horses appear in the book of Revelation?
- Question: What color are the four horses in the book of Revelation?
Answer: White, Red, Dark, & Pale
- Question: Which disciple was crucified upside-down?
- Question: What two men in the Bible never died?
Answer: Elijah & Enoch
- Question: Who is the oldest man in the Bible?
These are the 100 bible trivia questions and answers that you can use to test your bible knowledge, for discussion purposes among friends and family, and for teaching others.