Abia State University (ABSU) Recruitment 2020.
The Governing Council of Abia State University (ABSU) wishes to announce that the post of Vice-Chancellor of the University will become vacant effective December 1, 2020.
Accordingly, Council, in the performance of its statutory duties as provided for in the University Edict, hereby invites interested Distinguished Academics with vast experience in University Administration and Management, to send in their applications for the post.
Job Title: Vice-Chancellor
The Vice-Chancellor is both the academic and administrative head of the University and its link with the government and the public. An intending candidate should, therefore, among others:
- Have held senior administrative/academic positions within a University for at least 10 years and at a level capable of preparing him for the position of Vice-Chancellor.
- Be known to be fair-minded to all manner of persons and to be above petty ethnic, religious loyalties.
- Be a person of proven integrity and courage.
- Be sensitive to the exigencies of Nigerian higher education and be capable of responding, in a prompt and judicious ‘manner to pressures and policies at the state and national levels.
- Be a Professor of not less than five (5) years standing by December 1, 2020.
- Be a person capable of piloting Abia State University and consolidating it as a professional University.
- Have published copiously in both local and international reputable journals.
- Not have attained the age of 65 years at the time of assumption of duty on 1st December 2020.
- Be knowledgeable in Information & Communication Technology.
- Be an excellent Resource Manager.
- The Vice-Chancellor shall hold office for a single term of five years only, on such terms and conditions as may be specified in his letter of appointment.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The salary and conditions of service are as obtainable in a similar position in the Nigeria University system, as the Governing Council may decide from time to time.
Application Deadline: 7th August 2020.
How to Apply for ABSU Recruitment 2020
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications, with detailed Curriculum Vitae, which should be in thirty (30) copies, with the most recent passport-sized photographs attached to each and in a sealed envelope marked “Vice-Chancellor Position”.
The Curriculum Vitae should, among others indicate:
- Full names
- Date of Birth / Age
- Marital Status
- Academic Qualifications
- Publications and
- Administrative Experience
Each application should bear the names and addresses of the three referees. Each referee should be requested by the applicant to forward directly to the Registrar, a confidential report in a sealed envelope marked “Referee’s Report on Vice-Chancellorship candidate” at the left-hand corner of the envelope.
All Applications are to reach:
Abia State University,
P.M.B. 2000, Uturu,
Vision for the University
- A statement of the candidate’s vision for the University during his/her tenure, if appointed, should also be enclosed
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview at a later date.